44 by the numbers
It’s been three months since I released 44: A Game of Automatic Fear for free.
I’m pleased with the reaction so far. People played the game within a week of its release. I expect more will happen as time goes on.
Traffic to the 44 blog has been relatively steady, with the usual and expected initial release spike.
- Page views were about 3,000 since October.
- About 1,700 people visited the site (including this “main” blog). Slightly more than I would have guessed.
- 366 people registered to my blog. Some percentage are certainly spam. But, nice!
- I estimate around 250 PDF downloads, perhaps more.
- There was notable activity from several countries, including the UK, Italy, Spain, Poland and others.
Meanwhile, I’ve been pretty quiet and enjoying it. For one, I read most of the Pathfinder book, which was a hot and cold experience.
I’ve been thinking a lot about publishing and desiging RPGs, the indie scene, business and marketing. I have far more questions than answers, more problems than solutions. Still trying to figure out where and how to go from here.